BISCO® BF-1000 : Extra-Soft Silicone Foam
BISCO® BF-1000 silicone foam produced by Rogers Corporation is very soft for use where low compression force and UL 94 flammability rating are key requirements. The resistance to elevated temperature, UV, flame and compression set makes it the right choice for many gasket, sealing, cushioning, and gap filling applications.
Insul-Fab carries BF-1000 in stock and fabricates the full line of Rogers Corporation BISCO® Silicone Products for your end use applications.
- Consistent performance in extreme service temperatures
- Extremely resilient to mechanical fatigue and compression set
- Flame retardant, with UL 94 listed ratings V-0 and HF-1
- Resistance to UV light, ozone, and chemicals
- Extremely low smoke toxicity and flame spread
- Suitable for Boeing BMS 1-68 (specific SKUs)
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- Low outgassing
- Fabricates by die cutting and water jet
- May be laminated with adhesive for attachment
- Excellent technical assistance and sample support
BISCO® BF-1000 Extra Soft is a very compressible silicone foam. The low weight, softness, and flame-retardant characteristics make this foam ideal for transportation, industrial, and electronics gasket applications where low closure force and dust sealing are critical.
BISCO silicones’ unique properties allow for consistent compression force, very limited compression set, and long-term performance reliability even at extreme low and high temperatures. Also, they have been tested for flame and smoke toxicity ratings that meet the highest UL, railway, and aerospace standards.
|BISCO® BF-1000 Ultra Soft Foam Properties|
|Color(s)||-||Black, White, Gray|
|Thickness Range, in (mm)||-||0.063-1.000
|Density, lb/ft3 (kg/m3)||ASTM D1056||13.0 (208)|
|Compression Force Deflection, psi @ (25%)||ASTM D1056||3|
|Compression Set, typical %||ASTM D1056
Test D @ 70oC
|Flammability, min. thickness,
|UL 94 V-0
Listed, (File E83967)
|Service Temperature, Continuous Rec.||High: 392oF (200oC)
Low: -67oF (-55oC)
|Material Width, in||36|
|Format Availability||Fabricated Parts, Foam Tapes, Rolls, Sheets|
|INSUL-FAB PN||Varies – See Availability Chart|
Insul-Fab is proud to be designated a Major Converter of Rogers BISCO® and we commonly have many of their products in stock for distribution and fabrication. Samples and part prototypes are readily available along with engineering support to choose the right material for your application.
Standard Product Availability
Within the most common BISCO product lines there are many thickness and color combinations available as standard, and more that are non-standard but available with minimum orders. Please note, this information is subject to change.
|BISCO® BF-1000 Extra Soft Availability|
|Color||Thickness, in (mm)||INSUL-FAB PN|
Contact us to find out if the BISCO SKU you are looking for is available in stock. Samples and non-tooled application prototypes available on request.
In applications where the desired thickness is not standard, Insul-Fab can laminate two layers of material together with adhesive, or we can utilize another substrate, such as Formex or Lexan plastic film, to fill the desired gap and provide part rigidity while maintaining a stack-up of UL rated products for flammability requirements.
Adhesive Backing and Lamination
Many applications for Rogers BISCO silicones require a pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) with release liner on one or both sides for attachment in the end use. Some BISCO products are available from the factory with pre-applied adhesive (special part number for designation).
For more diverse adhesive selection and smaller lot sizes, Insul-Fab laminates silicone materials with PSA using a sophisticated in-house priming and lamination process to ensure a superior bond. While many products bond well to primed BISCO, we recommend the following laminating adhesives.
|3M 467MP and 3M 468MP||.002” and .005” unsupported acrylic (HP)|
|3M 9832 and 3M 9832HL||.005” double-coated acrylic (HP)|
|Concote CC593||.004” double-coated acrylic (GP)|
Unsupported acrylic adhesives offer an excellent bond and ability to conform to surface variations. Double-coated or supported acrylics provide dimensional stability to larger parts or thin cross sections, to prevent stretching during end use application.
Other applications require the addition of a laminated film for surface protection, cosmetics, dimensional stability, or surface sliding. We have available films such as PET, Formex, and Lexan for these occasions.
- Environmental seals between sheet metal and plastic
- Foam tapes for long lengths and door seals
- Vibration isolation and energy absorption
- Gaskets for extreme temperatures
- Fire barriers and flame stops
- Gap filling in air cooled enclosures
- Spacers for tolerance compensation and standoffs
- Compression and rebound pads
- Thermal insulation
Brochures & Literature
- Bisco Material Selection Guide
- Bisco Product Availability Chart
- Bisco Chemical Resistance Guide
- Bisco Nomenclature for Silicones with factory PSA
- Bisco EN45545 Rail Solutions Guide
- Bisco EN45545 Rail Material Selection Guide
- Bisco Physical Properties Guide
- Application Design Tool
- Compression Force Deflection Tool
- UL Listings
- RoHS and other compliance
- Insul-Fab Fabricated Foam & Rubber
- Insul-Fab Fabrication Capabilities
- Rogers BISCO® Silicones Website
Similar or related products
- Diversified Silicone Products, Inc. – Part of Rogers Corporation
- Arlon Silicone Technologies – Part of Rogers Corporation
- Rogers Poron Polyurethane
- St Gobain Norseal® Silicone Foam Products
The Rogers logo and BISCO® logos are trademarks of Rogers Corporation or one of its subsidiaries. © 2019 Rogers Corporation. The technical data provided on this page is intended to assist you in material selection. It is not intended to and does not create any warranties, express or implied. The user should determine the suitability of the material for each application.