Electrical Insulation Products
Most power supplies, computing devices, and power management equipment utilize application specific electrical insulation components. These may be for safety and compliance or as a dual purpose insulation and structural feature of the design.
In both types of applications, Insul-Fab provides electrical insulation material options and fabrication expertise to provide the right solution to original equipment manufacturers. Volumes large or small can be accommodated with our diverse equipment for cutting, forming, routing, and machining.
Product Information Summary
- Dielectric films components, featuring ITW Formex® materials (Authorized Distributor).
- Machined and CNC router cut insulating plastics including glass thermoset laminates (FR4, G10), GPO, Ultem and Delrin (acetal).
- Extensive converting options with laser and die cutting, CNC machining, laminating, fastener insertion, and heat forming.
- Fast-turn prototypes and value minded design support available.
Applications of Electrical Insulation Materials
- Power supplies, transformers, and inverters
- Surge protectors and UPS systems
- Servers and personal computers
- Telecommunications equipment
- Lighting assemblies
- Medical Devices
- HVAC Equipment and Appliances
Electrical Insulation Product Listing
|Formex™ GK||FRPP||Black/White||5-125||Score and fold capability with V-0|
|Formex™ CND||Polycarbonate||Black/Grey||10-17||Halogen Free with V-0|
|Lexan FR-700||Polycarbonate||Black||10||Cosmetic applications|
|Lexan FR-60||Polycarbonate||Clear||10-30||Clear with V-0 flame rating|
|Nomex 410||Aramid Paper||Tan||2-30||High temperature performance|
|Mylar/Melinex||PET||Clear||2-10||Low cost with V-2 flame rating|
|Statex™||FRPP||White||10-31||ESD Coated Formex™|
|Valox||PBT||White||3-30||High reflectivity and temperature|
Related Product Information
- Electrical Insulation Brochure (PDF)
- Formex™ Products Brochure (PDF)
- ITW Formex® Technical Data (PDF)
Additional Electrical Insulation Product Information
Dielectric films are commonly used as electrical insulators in power supplies, computers, and other equipment. Insul-Fab provides these materials in cut to spec sizes for OEM applications using our versatile fabrication equipment. There are many electrical insulation materials on the market, each with unique properties and benefits. We can help engineers determine which electrical insulation product best fits the needs of the application for the best price.
Historically, many paper and fiber based materials have been used in thin film insulation applications. However, there are newer technologies that provide superior dielectric strength, ability to fold without breaking, extremely low moisture absorption, and better flammability characteristics. For this reason, Insul-Fab is proud to be an authorized distributor and fabricator of Formex™ products from ITW Formex®. We find that 80% or more of applications currently using fiber based insulation or other products are better suited for Formex™ GK flame retardant polypropylene.