Acoustic Noise Barriers
Sound originating from motors, pumps, compressors, generators, people, and road noise can be problematic, even when separated by a wall or enclosure. When noise can’t be controlled at the source, the use of a barrier or barrier/absorber combination is generally required.
The addition of a barrier to lightweight acoustic insulation enhances its performance at stopping noise from transmitting through, especially at lower frequencies and when space for insulation is limited.
Acoustic Barrier information
- Heavy vinyl barrier material for blocking sound transmission, either alone or in combination with an absorber.
- NEW! Panelzorb NVR-10 is a recycled barrier/absorber combination with a 1lb/ft2 density that costs less than traditional foam/septum products.
- Sheets or efficiently fabricated parts available with facing and adhesive options.
Insul-Fab offers multiple products for the reduction of noise with barriers and barrier/absorber combinations. We are pleased to offer Panelzorb NVR-10, a recycled barrier/foam homogenous combination. Plain acoustic noise barriers may be 1-2 pounds per square foot of mass loaded vinyl. Other combinations of fiber, foam, and barrier are available, as are pre-fabricated parts and covers. Learn more about acoustic insulation blankets & covers here.
Applications of Acoustic Noise Barriers
- Motor vehicle cabs and other transportation applications
- Industrial compressors, motors, and other equipment
- Oil and natural gas pump enclosures in residential areas
- Air conditioner compressor enclosures
- Marine and agricultural equipment
- Military vehicles